.

.

Labels

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Heartbeats in the Night

The other night, I woke up from a random dream and I found myself really missing my little one growing within me. I lay in bed, sad, hurt, feeling alone, and wishing we could start trying again. I turned my head to the side and suddenly I could hear a faint heartbeat. It was probably my own, but in that quiet moment, it was a tender blessing helping me to feel the presence of my sweet child--the sound I'd long to hear many months ago when I heard silence. I don't know if I'll get to have that child with me after this life, and right know I don't need to know. But, it was enough to give me hope again and enough for me to know I will be a mother. I may not be one today, and I may not be one for some time; but I will be one.

Heartbeats in the Night

In the darkened night,
where hope shines no light,
and fear of a future day
creeps in my heart as I lay
in silence; alone and afraid.
My empty womb--betrayed.

Long months I've waited.
Cried tears and hated
knowing you wouldn't come home--
knowing I'd stay alone.
Our lifeless bodies: weak
for one kiss to your cheek.

Through the silence a faint sound
is heard; hope is found.
The rhythm of life I hear.
Your presence, kept near.
My child you are. Shine bright my star,
for Mommy is here, my dear.

1 comment: